Our Class

Our Class

Monday, February 27, 2012

Here is Jessica Burton's Animal Poem

I am a field mouse. My combined two ears are as big as the rest of my body. From this, I can hear your shallow breathing two rooms away. My nose twitches every time I smell something; it allows me to see that it works. On the end of that nose are my whiskers. I can fit into any size opening that is the size of their diameter so that sly fox outside will never catch me because I have places to flee to that the fox will never see. But, seeing is my thing. I hear and see it all; I'm an observer. Before I take action, I notice my surroundings, check the coast until it's clear. I'm better at surviving than all of the things I've seen because they're all gone, but I'm still here. I can hear and see all that you do, but you will never see me, never know what I am thinking. That is how it is and will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment